Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Party Favors Two

(Do you see what I did there? No, you probably don't, unless you happen to hold the view that 1982 was the sine qua non for pop music.)

Okay, this Wikipedia random article thing was going to change my life until Day Two, in which the random article was for a band, and not only that, a band of which I know nothing at all, the Golden Horde. What to do? I can't pick one of their songs (don't know any), I could pick one from one of the other bands mentioned on that page (but that would lead me into the world of U2: no thanks; or "Whiter Shade of Pale": too obvious), I could go all elliptical/obtuse but nothing is coming to me on that score, either. So I'm going to pass.

As for the band, nothing I am reading is telling me to investigate further, although any album that contains spoken-word contributions from novelist/maverick Robert Anton Wilson can't be all bad. Or can it?