Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Song of the day

"Who Loves The Sun", by The Velvet Underground.

Who loves the sun? Not me, that's for sure. If I can't be undercover or at least in the shade, I will be the first person looking for a hat and dark glasses; and usually, a little later, a packet of Disprin Forte.

Nevertheless, we are off to the beach (or what (we) Canberrans refer to as "the Coast") for a couple of days. "I have never been so excited in my entire life." (There. I said it. Now stop pointing that gun at my head.)

Still, I've got some Neal Stephenson, some Dupuy & Berberian, some New Yorkers, some Coronas, some headphones. Everything's going to be just fine.

(Ha. Imagine Lou Reed and his pals off for a day at the beach. Pale skin. Black clothing. Leather boots. Mirror shades. Sneers.)

(Can't seem to get any of the clips of this song on YouTube to work, conspiracy buffs, so here it is.)