Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Song of the day

"Strange Overtones", by David Byrne and Brian Eno. No matter the quality of the song, this has to be today's Song Of The Day. Twenty-seven years after "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts", which on many days would be named by me as the Greatest Album Of All Time, the two distinguished gentlemen offer us all this song, free (gotta love that Internet).

Its not being a return to "Bush Of Ghosts" country reflects the fact that they are both marching into fogeyhood, but also that they are doing so with style and grace. This song has been on a loop for much of the afternoon, and I have to say that I would at this early stage be happy to have it on a permanent IV drip straight into my brain. It isn't likely to set any hipster's world on fire, but what do hipsters know anyway, right?