Monday, August 04, 2008

Memories

There are two performances which I distinctly remember from my days of watching "Countdown" on the ABC in the late seventies and/or early eighties which infrequently but persistently come back to mind. They are: a song which may or may not have been called "Three Minute Egg", by someone who may or may not have been called Euan Thorburn, which If I Remember Correctly involved one person screaming into the camera for, let's say, three minutes. The other was a song which may or may not have been called "I Like Electric Motors", the artist's name lost in the mists of time. It was in an electronic-music vein, which suggests post-Tubeway Army vintage. The title of the song (if such it is) was repeated many times, and then it ended. Or maybe that one was by Euan Thorburn. Maybe they both were. Or maybe it is all a figment of my imagination. Help!