Saturday, June 10, 2006

Addendum

By way of value-adding the previous entry, we provide the following links:

1. Go here and scroll down to find and excellent description of the works of Kevin Huizenga, and incidentally rare evidence that I am not his only fan in the world;

2. Go here for an entirely wrongheaded and misguided review of "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts", which raises a number of discussion points, none of which will be elaborated upon here. Including: should people be allowed to review records that were released before they were born; is "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" post-punk's answer to "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", i.e. revolutionary in its day, changing the face of music to such an extent that its very existence creates a kind of built-in redundancy (how can you sound fresh when pretty soon everything sounds like you); and, am I, despite fighting against it, becoming a crusty old curmudgeon of the Ian MacDonald, it-was-all-better-in-my-day type?