Tuesday, February 01, 2005

On The Buses

Observations made while on my way to work this morning:

1, Silly?: a young besuited gent walking along the footpath reading a document, walks straight into the branch of a tree. He was headed in the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs. Relax, people, your country is in good hands.

2. Sinister?: I'm not sure what I saw, but what I think I saw was three guys, 30/40ish, dressed in running gear, hanging around outside the fence of Canberra Girls' Grammar, looking in at the schoolyard. (This was around 8.30am, prime getting-to-school time.) As the bus that I was on pulled in at a nearby bus stop, they gave a distinct impression of having been caught red-handed, and quickly started doing warm-up exercises with some enthusiasm. What were you doing there, fellas? It may have been totally innocent, like maybe you were discussing the architecture of the recent building works there, but it didn't look too good from where I was sitting.