Thursday, July 15, 2004

Construction Site: Day 2 - Bets Are On

As the result of various incidents of a domestic nature which cannot be gone into here (this being a family show), a challenge has been set: if I can, for the duration of the renovation, curb my natural tendency to panic whenever something unexpected occurs, I can have an iPod Mini. It is certainly a powerful incentive, but to be honest I'm not totally certain I am up to the task.

Meanwhile the Bobcat spent the morning cleaning up the balance of the stray foliage and digging a substantial hole where the new bedroom will be. I asked the driver if I should move the guinea pig cage, as it was right in the middle of where he was working. "No need, mate, I can work around them", he said. Which he did, although I'm glad I wasn't one of those guinea pigs. Not surprisingly, perhaps, they now seem to be off their food.