Saturday, June 27, 2015

Song of the day

"Sweater Day / Shelter", by Zwanie Jonson.

Sitting snugly at the end of Robag Wruhme's masterful Kompakt mix CD "Wuppdeckmischmampflow" (which is probably both the least pronounceable and most replayable mix I have ever heard; I especially love the way he works "Dexter", possibly Ricardo Villalobos' finest invention, into the proceedings at various strategically located places; and whenever "Angel Echoes" comes on, Adrienne says "Who is this?" -- always a good sign) (it also has a lovely cover photo)


is this gently bucolic pop song that could have been made in, let's say, 1971, but is in fact a cunning facsimile of same by a modern-day German musician who goes by the name of Zwanie Jonson. Information is scarce, or maybe I just don't know where to look, but it may well be that it hasn't been released anywhere else. I, for one, am very happy to have made its acquaintance. I hope you will be, too. Enjoy.