Saturday, April 09, 2011

Song of the day (2)

"Saga Of The Ageing Orphan", by Thin Lizzy. (NOT "Saga Of Ageing Orphans", as the YouTube says. Also, this is a different version from what appears on the album, but I think I quite like it.)



This one is dedicated, well, I could just as easily dedicate it to myself, I suppose, but this time it is dedicated to my cousin Gay, whose mother, my Auntie Margaret, died last week. I wrote at some length a while ago about Uncle Ray, and I don't really have anything more to add to that, except to say that this really is the end of an era, as there is now nobody left of that generation on my mother's side of the family. I guess it falls upon us cousins, now, to be the ones that the next generation looks up to. (Not that I have any answers to anything. Maybe the others do.)

(We will, though, choose to ignore the word "ageing" in the song's title. Does Not Mean Us.)