Monday, March 31, 2008

This Sporting Life

After last weekend's debacle, Melbourne's David Neitz was reported as promising supporters that the team wouldn't play that badly again this season. I suppose he was proved right on Saturday: at least they were competitive for one quarter of football. Nevertheless, a losing margin of 95 points as opposed to a losing margin of 104 points is not what I would call a turnaround.

There so many things causing anxiety in the real world these days that it is difficult to justify spending too much worry-time on a football club. But I have been following the Demons, unwaveringly, since I was old enough to choose a team, and I have seen little but failure in most of those long winters, but, in the words of Bollo from "The Mighty Boosh", "I've got a bad feeling about this".