Thursday, July 07, 2005

Accidents Will Happen

The story so far: a few days ago, Orbis Quintus posted a song by 60s NZ band The Avengers, which prompted me to put up the Pop Art Toasters' cover of the same song (scroll down a couple of entries). Now, in the way of these things, the ever reliable Moistworks has posted "I Won't Hurt You" by the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, a song which is also covered by the Pop Art Toasters on their one and only EP (which only has five songs: is this an unlikely coincidence or something more sinister?). The good news is, this gives me the chance to post the Pop Art Toasters' version, which I think is the best song on their disc. The better news is, it gives you a chance to hear this song, which so fully captures the essence of the Chills that it continues to come as a surprise to find that it's not a Martin Phillipps original.

Pop Art Toasters, "I Won't Hurt You".